Wednesday, February 1, 2012

OB Follow Up #2


Had my OB follow up #2 today.  He said everything was looking great.  I still can't lift, push, or pull anything heavier than Sydney, but that's fine.  He also mentioned that with our age and infertility issues that he recommends we begin trying for another when Sydney is 9 months old.  YIKES!  That seems so soon!!!  He said that infertility worsens after the age 34 and continues to decrease as the woman ages.  I'll be 34 in May, so, wow.  We're beyond happy that we have Sydney, so if we never have another, we'll be okay.  It would be nice to try once more for a boy (or girl would be okay too) if we can, but we've got 9 months to talk more about it.

I've also decided I don't want to go back to work until Sydney is 12 weeks old.  I had told my manager that I had planned on returning after Sydney was 8 weeks old, but after several recommendations from L&D nurses and the lactation consultant, they all recommended waiting 12 weeks, I now want to wait.  Hopefully my manager will understand.  I went through so much to have her, I don't want to miss a moment of this time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment