Thursday, March 1, 2012

Neeing Prayers for Me - For Guidance, Patience, and...

... for understanding on how to handle my in-laws and husband.  Don't get me wrong, I do love my in-laws.  They've been huge helps while I was on bed rest, and I actually enjoyed having my mother-in-law with me at doctor's appointments when my husband couldn't be.  However, they don't do very well at honoring our wishes and decisions as parents.  They were the same way with my brother-in-laws child.  It's a hard place to be in.  My husband wants to put his foot down, but then backs down, and I'm not sure why.  So then I have to be the one to stand up for our wishes or decisions, which makes me look like the big bad daughter-in-law.  It makes it look as if I'm the only one making these decisions, and I'm not.  I'm taking about things like: no sugar or chocolate - she's just too young and doesn't need it, same for soda - she's too young, already has tummy issues, and she just plain doesn't need it, holding to a schedule where our night-time routine is concerned, etc.  Anyway, I need prayers so I can handle this appropriately and not cause additional problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment